The following is a list of the 10 priority actions that the latest Comprehensive Plan Update recommends the Town Board take:
1. Pursue funding through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program or
other State programs to expand the sewer district consistent with the land use recommendations of this Plan.
2. Look for water resources that could support a future public water supply system.
3. Develop a pipeline of projects needed to further Plan objectives and aggressively pursue funding through the New York State Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) process.
4. Seek State and Federal funding to expand the sidewalk system in the Germantown hamlet center (notably from Palatine Park to Main Street).
5. Appoint a Committee to develop a Corridor Enhancement Plan for the NYS Route 9G
Corridor to shape future development so that it enhances the character of the
6. Ensure the Town’s Design Guidelines (contained in Article VII – Additional Development Standards of the Zoning and Subdivision Law) are followed when existing buildings are renovated or new buildings constructed within the expanded Hamlet Mixed-Use Zoning District from the traditional center to Hover Avenue [http://germantownny.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Adopted-Germantown-Zoning-and-Subdivision-Law.pdf].
7. Establish a Conservation Advisory Committee (CAC) to assist the Town Board in the
protection of Natural Resources.
8. Develop Design Guidelines to assist the Planning Board in reviewing projects within the Town’s Waterfront Scenic Overlay District.
9. Create a Local Waterfront Revitalization Plan (LWRP) for the Town of Germantown.
10. Assign the Business and Economic Development Committee with the task of securing
grant funding to conduct a feasibility study to assess the likelihood of attracting
medical/mental healthcare providers and supportive services to Germantown.